Rights of foreigners

Any person that is not a citizen of the Republic of Serbia is considered a foreigner in respect of the legal system of the Republic of Serbia.

Although Serbian nationals and foreigners are equal in terms of many rights, there are still some differences in their legal status.

Antić law office represents a great number of foreign natural persons on various legal issues ranging from immigration, matters of residence permits and citizenship, work permits, marriage, inheritance and real estate. We also assist them in setting up their business in Serbia either as entrepreneurs or by establishing a limited liability company.

Our office assist foreign natural and legal persons in cross-border disputes, such as debt recovery claims raising a number of specialist issues. Such issues include questions of jurisdiction (i.e. in which country or countries can your claim be brought), questions of forum shopping (i.e. in which country would it be most advantageous for it to be brought) and the issue of enforceability (i.e. whether a judgment be recognized and enforced in another country’s jurisdiction).

Full list of services:

• Obtaining a temporary residence permit based on employment, schooling, study, participation in international student and exchange programs, specialization, vocational training or practice, research or other scientific and educational activities , on the basis of religious service, on treatment or care, on ownership of real estate, on family reunification or for humanitarian reasons, temporary residence for a family member of a foreigner granted asylum, temporary residence of a minor born on the territory of the Republic of Serbia. permanent residence (permanent residence)

• Representation in case of illegal stay and in the process of return and all other violations, obtaining travel documents for foreigners as well as documents for proving identity with the regulation of the residence or residence of foreigners.

• Obtaining personal work permits, work permits, special employment cases (seconded persons, moving within a company, independent professionals, training and training), self-employment.

• Debt recovery claims

• In process of buying or selling real estate and any other related matter

• In the process of inheritance

• In the matters related to marriage (divorce, child custody and other)

• Enforcement of a foreign country’s decisions.